This shield will make quick work of your next robotics project with the ability to drive up to 4 DC motors or 2 stepper motors.
- 2 connections for 5V 'hobby' servos
- 4 H-Bridges: TB6612 chipset provides 1.2A per bridge with thermal shutdown protection, internal kickback protection diodes
- Can run motors on 4.5VDC to 13.5VDC
- Up to 4 bi-directional DC motors with individual 8-bit speed selection
- Up to 2 stepper motors (unipolar or bipolar) with single coil, double coil, interleaved or micro-stepping
Check out the great tutorial in the Adafruit Learning System with a lot of documentation and example code.
More information is available on the website of Adafruit.