If you'd like to connect a board with native CAN Peripheral support, the Adafruit CAN Pal Transceiver will take the 3V logic level signals and convert them to CAN logic levels with the differential signaling required to communicate.
Adafruit has added a few nice extras to this breakout pal to make it useful in many common CAN scenarios.
More information is available on the website of Adafruit.
- TJA1051/T3 can communicate with 3.3V~5V logic for use with modern microcontrollers.
- 5V charge-pump voltage generator, so even though you are running 3.3V power and logic on most modern microcontroller boards, it will generate a nice clean 5V as required by the transceiver.
- 3.5mm terminal block that can be soldered in to get quick access to the High and Low data lines as well as a ground pin.
- 2 x 60 ohm termination resistor on board (120 ohm in series), you can remove or activate the termination easily by flipping the onboard switch.
- Fully ISO 11898-2:2003 compliant.
- Timing guaranteed for data rates up to 5 Mbit/s in the CAN FD fast phase.
- Suitable for 12 V and 24 V systems.